Friday, February 1, 2008

First Impressions of the Opera

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Pgs. read-1-31


This book is a classic and its text shows me so. This read is not as much of a struggle as I thought it would be. The gothic literature genre is not what I thought it would be, and though I am only three chapters into the book it has exceeded my expectations and the typical thought of what gothic literature really is. The suspense Leroux gives in the first three chapters is great and gets the reader immediately into the story, also he introduces the "phantom" into the story quickly as well as the story behind it. I look forward to reading this story as it unfolds and what happens, because we have all heard of the musicals and the movies of The Phantom of the Opera, but not many people know the actual ending, and I personally would like to know.

2 comments:

Mike G said...

i think this is a great novel to reaad based on are genre and i see your really comming along on the book. seems like a pretty good review

Mr. Malley said...

k