Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Mental Part's of Skateboarding

pregame intro




Between the ages of 10 and 11, I always would try to ride a skateboard up and down my drive way, but I would always fall. Doing the simplest thing was riding it and i could not even do that. I was wearing pants and a bam margera shirt And i remember falling and ripping my pants because i hit a rock. i scraoed my knee, ran inside and washed it off then after I did this I went to lay down on my couch and started to watch t.v and then I noticed as I was flipping through the X games were on and it has a part for skateboarders so I watched it. The show made me realize what I can become if I were to stick with it and get better at it as well. A few years later as I got older and started to learn more and more about this sport I became better and better. As I got older I watched more of the X games and I heard Tony hawk say "Im the bird man" After I heard him say this I sat there and said to myself I want to be the next bird man.

At this time I know quite a bit about this sport. I know that it takes alot of concentration and dedication. It's a tough thing to do but when u do it it's worth the frustration. Yea i said it, it's a frustrating thing to do, it also takes time and effort. There's alot of things that go around this sport but I have a few questions that are unanswered.

Through out this project I want to know how these skaters become mentally prepared for there long day of skating? How do I become mentally prepared? What are the mental aspects of skating? and what are the physical aspects of skating? In my quest to answer these question's it's going to take hard work and DEDICATION.

No comments: