Tuesday, May 6, 2008

As my search continues and the end of this project is near, I decided to give up on researching online. I decided to interview some of the people i know on what motivates them and what keeps them pushing themselves. I interviewed my buddy Mike Matesick he's a well known skater in Buffalo. So i asked him what he thinks the best way to become prepared and what motivates him. When i asked him he stated "Music is a big part of it and friends, you need your friends or else you have no one to compete with and get better" this is basically what every one says but the question is, is it true? Or do people just like to say this because there's no true answer to this question. He also stated that people give up to easy and that's there problem they do not work for what they want. (Matesick)

I also interviewed my friend Dave Soluzo he skates for a well known company named blondie. i skated with him gor a few years so i asked him the same question. what he thinks the best way to become prepare and wha motivates him. His anwser was almost the same but he stated that "To me you need your crew, its never fun and competitive if your alone, I like to stretch and get my head into it by listening to music" Which for some people works just as good. Stretching is a huge part of it because you dont want to get hurt because you dont stretch thats never good. Some people have different ways of becoming prepared but it seems like everyone listens to music and likes to skate with friends because its more competitive. I guess its what people are comfortable with wheather its musci, friends skateing alone or even just cruising down the street no matter what people do they always have something that motivates them. (soluzo)


Soluzo, Dave. Peronal Interviem. 4 May 2008
Matesick, Mike. Personal Interview. 3 May 2008.

1 comment:

Frado said...

I know how you feel im on the verge of not reasearching on line also because I can never find information for my foundation questions. But I enjoyed reading your post it was kind of intersesting. I never really skateboarded before so I could not really put myself in that place to answer your question. On the other hand I do play sports and there are some things I do that motivate me, such as the thrive to be better than my opponent, and my dedication to the game.